All you need to know about esports betting
Esports betting started its pace at a relatively slow speed but is now growing faster and has gained a lot more traction in the past few years. The growth has been at such an explosive rate that its worth is being calculated at a rate of nearly $30 billion by the year 2020.
It’s a big thing to bet on ESports, and this has gained a huge fan response, but still, is it lower than the traditional sports craze for soccer, football, cricket, badminton, etc. Many people are unaware of eSports betting and are out of reach, and still, believe in their traditional games. They even don’t have minor ideas about betting online and earning.
What really esports betting is?
ESports are electronic sports, it is just like earlier video games where you fight against an opponent through competition, but the only difference is that earlier, you have to sit at the same place with the competitor in the front of your PC to play the game.
But through eSports, you can play with any person sitting anywhere in the world without facing any problem and increasing the fun and pleasure of playing with a wide number of players having different playing potentials.
You can choose to play solo or with a real-life opponent. The craze for online video gaming is increasing day by day, and playing against real opponents is preferred by many people.
ESports betting provides a platform for professional video gaming, which is even more competitive than the casual gaming scene. Players compete for millions of dollars money and win it.
Not only the players who are playing the game have fun, but even live audiences can watch them playing and have fun through online streaming on YouTube, TV, twitch TV, ESPN, etc. For making your chances of winning high, you should be strategic and have a basic idea about how to play video games.
Methods to bet on esports
Real money betting
This betting method is almost similar to traditional sports betting and include to bet real money on your favorite team or player and game, and you are paid in case your team wins or your selection was correct.
This method uses virtual currencies and items so that players can buy, sell or swap different items for most of the games. Other methods are social betting, fantasy betting, and challenge betting.
Popular esports games
You don’t need to have an idea about each and every game, but you must be thorough with the game you are interested in and want to bet on:
- Dota 2,
- Counter-Strike (CS: GO),
- League of Legends,
- Call of Duty,
- Heroes of the Storm,
- World of tanks,
- Super Smash Bros, and many more.
For making good decisions in betting, you should know about the theme, format, design, and structure of the eSports game.
There are varieties of leagues and tournaments held all over the world. Few major eSports tournament and league are:
- League of Legends World championship is one of the most recognized and played video games in the world. Among the world esports events in 2016, the League of Legends world championship achieved 43 million viewers and 14.5 million concurrent viewership. The final price for the League of Legends world championship 2016 is worth $6.7 million.
- Major league gaming.
- Global StarCraft league generally concentrates on the players of South Korea.
- Halo world championship.
- The Call of Duty league is a big entertainment of the year in the world of esports. This league offers major tournaments and multiple events throughout the season featuring 12 teams within the Call of Duty League competing with topmost players. In the 2021 season, the team of players will compete in 5 best matches in 4 versus four battles. This league is played all over the world.
- Intel extreme masters.
- Compete league is a decent amateur esports league broadcast and service provider since January 2016. Currently, it is operating its largest League of Legends started in European and North American servers.
- The international DOTA 2 championships.
- High school esports league has over 3100 schools and 10000 students. It generally holds tournaments seasonally for high school students. It was founded in 2012. They are the first and the largest high school league which was played in the United States and Canada.
- Premier gaming league is a type of hosting site where online esports tournaments are held. In-by tournaments the winner has to take all the prizes which range from 100 to $2000. They mostly host Call of Duty and fortnight tournaments.
- European gaming league generally concentrates on the United Kingdom and Europe. it is operating since 2007 till present.
- Military gaming league is the only made for U.S. military and veteran exclusive sports league. All the competitions of the military gaming league are held online across the United States.
Before betting in any game, you should know about the teams and players playing about the rules of the game. The sites of eSports betting are becoming famous and growing at a faster rate; more and more players are interested in betting and playing by sitting in their homes themselves. Here are few eSports betting sites that may help you:
Multiple games are available, and this makes the site a little bit cluttered. Many of the promotions are of online casinos rather than eSports.